27 June 2008

She Says, Get Stupid

I don’t think Get Smart is worth writing about, much less wasting the past two hours when I could have been packing for Road Trip ’08. I don’t keep my crush on Steve Carell secret, and I was hoping for some magic on the screen at the little F-bo theatre. Not so much. I’ll have to just pop my DVDs of The Office in instead. My popcorn, Scrabble on my cellphone, people watching in line, the preview for The Dark Knight, and Matt's dancing to "4 Minutes" was way more entertaining than the flick.

Carell wasn’t as painful as he is in The Office or even Dan in Real Life, which at least warmed my heart a little and fueled my crush. Anne Hathaway, as Maxwell Smart’s partner, lacked the charm of her past princess and the edge of her Brokeback Mountain performance. And she’s not funny, so… together they didn’t have chemistry or make me laugh.

Honestly, the best part of the movie was Dwayne Johnson. You know who I mean. The Rock. He was charming in spots – not funny, that would have been Carell’s job – but charming. The Rock wasn’t the only giant man in this movie. I am pretty uninformed about the WWE, but Dalip Singh, an Indian wrestler who looks bigger that The Rock, played a beastly yet sensitive evil henchman. His pig throwing early in the movie was fun. Yep, I liked the two wrestlers best.

And I liked hearing Madonna and J.T. on the soundtrack.

That’s it. I don’t want to write anymore. It wasn’t fun enough, funny enough, witty enough, charming enough, or clever enough for me to write anything else! Even the lame comics on “Last Comic Standing” tonight were more engaging!

No comments: